Our linux support is a monthly program where we manage your linux server OS. We provide this service remotely so no on-site access is required
Our service includes:
- Nightly scans for malware or hacking exploits (rkhunter & chkrootkit).
- Nightly check for updated system software and will reboot the server after kernel updates.
- Configure and manage the Apache web server & PHP build to suit the customer’s needs.
- All root email goes to our monitoring inbox so we will be notified if something is going wrong and we will notice if a machine stops sending nightly scan results.
- Manually access the servers on business days and keep an open window on the logs to debug any issues that might come up.
- Lock down most ports on the server using Shorewall firewall and update the configuration as needed (blacklisting attacking IPs).
- Restrict access to SSH or the Network usage interface to a whitelist of trusted IPs.
- MySQL database configuration, creation & management.
- Install or configure other software that the customer needs.
- Setup periodic backups of specific files or directories if needed.
Monthly rate starts at $160 per month
* 6 month minimum contract
** Initial setup of security patches and monitoring tools all included with 6 month contract